In my mind, there is no meal that compares to lunch. It’s my absolute favorite meal of the day. Lunch foods simply never let me down. Salads, sandwiches, rice bowls… they all always have my back. So today I’m running you through a few of my absolute favorite lunch spots in Los Angeles. These are the go-to places I take my friend when they visit from out of town. You will catch me visiting at least one of these once a week without exception.
Let’s do this thang.
1. Fratelli’s Cafe // I thank Fratelli’s for turning lunch into my favorite meal. It’s located right at the beginning of Melrose, so is an ideal spot to stop before a full day of shopping. And the food is delicious! My two favorites on the menu are the asian sesame chicken salad and the chicken avocado panini. Oh! And heads up - be prepared for a small wait if you go on a weekend as they tend to be pretty busy nowadays. Well worth the wait though, I promise.
2. Zinc Cafe // This is one of my favorite vegetarian lunch spots and the food will not disappoint. There is something on the menu for everyone. My go to is the burrito bowl, but I’ve also had their pizza, salads, and sandwiches and each has been delicious as well. Don’t leave without getting their iced white chocolate latte as well. It’s a treat yourself moment, but I get it every time anyway!
3. Silverlake Ramen // If you live in the LA area and are into ramen, you’ve probably heard people rave about this place and, as far as I’m concerned, it lives up to the hype. I highly recommend going during lunch on a weekday if you can (be prepared for a long wait on weekends). Their lunch menu is my ideal and for ramen, I also go with their tonkotsu. It’s creamy and delicious. I have yet to find another ramen place that I enjoy quite as much.
4. By Chloe. // This is a new addition to my lunch cycle, but man am I obsessed! Everything here is vegan and it is the only vegan mac and cheese I’ve had that has actually impressed me. Everything you have tastes so authentically like what it would taste like if it wasn’t vegan that it almost freaks me out when I’m eating it. Not to mention it is beyond aesthetically pleasing. I can’t wait to try everything on their menu.
5. Malibu Farm // Malibu Farm is the epitome of what someone who isn’t from LA thinks of when they think of an LA lunch spot. It’s located right on a gorgeous pier in Malibu and the food will not disappoint. My favorite is the chicken and broccoli cheese quesadilla. I also love to treat myself to a froze on a warm day. It’s a bit of a hike to get to, but worth your time and money to have a lunch like this one.