I have to say, I am totally addicted to television. We are in the golden age of tv and if you’re not loading up your DVR with fantastic television, then you’re really missing out. Today I wanted to run you through some new shows that I’ve really enjoyed so far this Fall that I think are worth your time.
1. Single Parents (ABC) // This new ABC sitcom is too sweet to not give a shot. I was first drawn in because I love Brad Garrett and Leighton Meester, but I was a little skeptical of the concept. However, after a very sweet ending to the first episode, I was hooked. While it’s a bit predictable about where it might go, it’s funny enough and sweet enough to keep you watching anyway.
2. A Million Little Things (ABC) // This is for sure ABC's attempt at their own This Is Us. And while nothing will ever replace my beloved This Is Us, it's still a pretty sweet show. They tackle some pretty intense subject matter and do a solid job of making you care about the characters. Overall, it’s a cute show about friendship, so I think it’s worth your time.
3. Kidding (Showtime) // Jim Carrey takes us on a fantastic ride through Kidding. The way he portrays such a sweet, yet deeply depressed character is entrancing. I wait anxiously each week for the new episode to see what new and interesting thing this show will do. Plus the cinematography is fantastic. Add this as a must watch as soon as possible.
4. Manifest (NBC) // This is the newest addition to my television watching and, I have to say, IM OBSESSED! The best way to describe this show is Lost meets Castaway. If you’re into weird supernatural twists that you won’t seem coming, coupled up with complicated relationships after years apart, this is the show for you!
5. Splitting Up Together (ABC) // I'll admit, I'm cheating a bit on this one. Technically there is a first season of this show that was on in the spring of last year. BUT, I can't help but feel with it's new fall premiere date it's about to take off. Pluuusss I did say this was new fall television and technically this show is new to the fall line up, so logistically I'm not really cheating. Anyway... I LOVE THIS SHOW! It's a wonderful combo of hilarious and heartwarming. And honestly the perfect tv comeback for Jenna Fischer. I promise, you will fall in love with these characters.