I often feel as if I hardly know who the people are who I follow. There are just so many of us out there and, I get it, it's hard to keep up! That's why I wanted to take a moment today to take a breather and just chat. So here are five things you might not already know about me.
1. I WENT TO ACTING SCHOOL // I took my first acting class when I was 6 years old and living in Philly. Ever since it's all I wanted to do. I wasn't a very sporty kid (and I'm still not) and I found my people through doing theater. One person in particular who I met doing community theater in fifth grade is still one of my closest friends (hi Andrew!!!!). I've always loved being creative and the stage was the first place I discovered that. When I was 19 I decided to move out to LA to attend an acting conservatory program. While being a content creator is my full-time job as of now, acting is my passion and I hope that one day that will become my full-time focus!
2. IM AN EXTROVERT // This one probably isn't a shock to people, but I wanted to take a moment to chat about this. I've felt over the past few years as I've become more and more extroverted it's become "cooler" to be introverted. Sometimes I even feel a bit of shame for having lots of friends since the popular thing to say is "I only need one or two best friends, not ten fake friends." While I agree with this sentiment, I don't think there's anything wrong with having or wanting a lot of friends! Making friends has always come super easily to me and I love that if one friend is busy, I have ten other friends I could call. Especially living 3000 miles away from my family, it's nice I've been able to build such a large support system here.
3. I STARTED MY INTERNET CAREER AT 15 // I think? I was definitely in sophomore year of high school. I started a youtube channel with my best friend at the time, Kaitlin. Together we created 'All The Rage,' a fashion and lifestyle youtube channel that, over the few months we created videos, probably ended up with around 1000 subscribers. Which was HUGE for us. We were so excited! I actually moved away from my hometown after sophomore year, however, so we decided to go separate ways and create our own channels. And that's how my youtube channel that you all know now was born!
4. IM A HIGH SCHOOL DROP OUT // You read that right. I literally went to my high school and signed papers saying I was dropping out. As I mentioned in number 4, after sophomore year my family and I moved away from my hometown. I decided that I was fine with this, but there was no way that I would start at a brand new high school my juinor year. To be honest, school wasn't my thing anyway, so I wasn't going to waste time starting over. With my parents' blessing, I dropped out and took the high school equivalency test. So by the time I was 17 I had finished high school and started college. I remember turning 18 in rehearsal for the first play I was doing in college and everyone being shocked that I was so young!
5. I WAS BORN IN 1994 // Another big misconception about me is that I'm still in high school. But nope! Not only am I out of high school, but also I'm three years out of college. NUTS! I'm 24 years old and my birthday is March 2nd, which makes me a pisces. Admittedly, I often don't relate much to the things I've read about being a pisces except for one big one: being emotional. Emotional would be an understatement for what I am (I'm super quick to tears). Anyway, I can't believe I'm turning 25 in less than a year. Not going to lie, sort of terrified, but I guess I'm excited to rent a car?
I want to know more about you too! Tell me one (or more!) facts about yourself? Lets chat!
I hope this helped you feel like you know me a bit better now. I had a lot of fun reflecting on some of these things I shared and considering how far I've come. It's pretty exciting! Love you all!